Dietician Registered (PT) - Somerset Bariatric Center - Bridgewater, NJ
Dietitian / Nutritionist
Barnabas Health Medical Group
Somerset Bariatric Center,
Barnabas Health Medical Group, Bridgewater, NJ 08836
As a member of the health care team, is responsible for the nutritional care of patients, including nutrition assessment, development and implementation of nutritional care plans and nutrition education. Verbal and written ability required to comprehend and document dietetic practices, as well as to communicate effectively with members of the healthcare team.
Nutrition care plans are completed so that the following criteria are met.
- Nutrition assessments and care plans contain data reflective of patients nutrition requirements relative to their age and medical condition.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development over the life span to provide appropriate nutrition care to adult, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients.
- Drug/Nutrient Interactions are addressed and inpatient education is given as appropriate.
- Educational needs of patients are determined, provided, and documented as appropriate.
- Communicates appropriate nutrition history and nutritional care in writing in patients medical records.
- Completes nutrition assessments and follows up in a timely manner as per policy and procedure. Seeks to provide the highest quality service in an accurate, thorough and timely manner. Demonstrates effective time management skills.
Maintains competency in nutrition therapy and demonstrates professional commitment and growth.
- Attends or reviews all mandatory departmental and hospital meetings and in-services.
- Attends clinical in-services to maintain competency and basic skills in assessing, counseling and planning nutrition care for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Attends continuing education program to maintain registration status and competency in nutrition therapy.
- Conducts educational in-services to other staff which must include annually (clerks, techs, dietitians or other medical professionals).
- Participates in the teaching experience for dietetic students.
- Attends clinical in-services to update knowledge in subjects which are not common in usual practice.
- Establishes goals or is involved with projects consistent with the mission statement of the hospital and which will enhance department performance and patient care.
Performs routine duties.
- Conducts or reviews meal rounds taking appropriate action.
- Monthly logs are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain all records demonstrating attainment of competency in new procedures, work safety, and clinical in-services and continuing education.
- Maintains or collects data for performance improvement as directed by the Clinical Nutrition Manager.
- Attends interdisciplinary rounds on a regular basis.
Patient data is maintained as follows:
- Appropriate info is recorded including presence or absence of food allergy, food preferences and special instructions.
- Level of care documentation is done daily in department computer database.
- Diet office staff concerns related to patient data are addressed in a timely manner.
- Meal patterns for therapeutic diets are adjusted in Health Touch in a timely manner.
- Appropriate oral supplements are provided to patients and are planned is such a way as to assure that it will be available on trayline
Clinical dietitian carries out the principles of positive guest relations by maintaining good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with all guests as evidence by but not limited to:
- Greeting all guests by name if possible upon personal or telephone contact.
- Exhibiting positive and cooperative behavior in all circumstances and responding with a sense of urgency to the needs of our guests.
- Respecting the privacy of guests and maintaining confidentiality of information gained.
- Instilling the attitude of positive guest relations in employees (guests include patients, visitors, supervisors, co-workers, other hospital employees, subordinates, and outside contacts).
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master s Degree from an accredited College or University with a major in foods and nutrition or related science and registration/registration eligibility with the American Dietetic Association required
- 1 year of experience as a clinical dietitian is preferred.
Monday and Friday: 9AM - 5PM Tuesday: 9AM - 1PM
Hours are subject to change based on business needs*
Equal opportunity employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer