Director, Intelligence and Investigations - Security Administration - West Orange, NJ
Professional / Management
RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services
95 Old Short Hills Road, West Orange, NJ 07052
In support of the development of Corporate Security Team as a service line, and in support of the Corporate Security mission to compassionately protect and help the people, property, and quality of our health system, together , the Director of Investigations & Intelligence, will design, lead, and execute the investigative and risk intelligence functions of the Corporate Security Team. Investigative work will include creating processes for how investigations are escalated and conducted by category including but not limited to Workplace Violence Investigations, Insider Threat Investigations, Theft and Drug Diversion Investigations. Intelligence work will include designing the Corporate Security data strategy around risk information including Crime Index Risk Data, Affiliate Incident Data trending and analytics, System Risk Profile Mapping, Online Threat Monitoring, Executive Protection Data, Geo-Fencing, and Threat Assessment.
- Leads the development, framework creation, and execution of the Corporate Security investigative strategy, including but not limited to the following critical categories, workplace violence, insider threat, theft, drug diversion, crimes against persons and property, emergency situations, and other illegal acts. This includes the management of investigations, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including at the affiliate, corporate, governmental and vendor levels.
- Leads the development, framework creation, and execution of the Corporate Security Intelligence Program to include the risk information program. This involves Crime Index Risk Data, Affiliate Incident Data trending and analytics, System Risk Profile Mapping, Online Threat Monitoring, Executive Protection, and Geo-Fencing. Included in the intelligence program is oversight over identification, evaluation, and dissemination of intelligence to prepare for, prevent, and respond to threats amidst an evolving risk landscape.
- Oversees the development and management of a Corporate Security threat assessment program to evaluate and mitigate risks and prepare threat/risk briefings as needed including for affiliate stakeholders. Helps Develop a security culture, by promoting situational awareness and sharing intelligence related to security conditions and trends
- Leads the due diligence effort when required by internal stakeholders as well as the Criminal Background Check Program for all new hires. This includes ensuring EEOC and Fair Credit Reporting Act compliant processes associate with the use and review of consumer data.
- Creates and Collaborates across a network of critical internal and external stakeholders including Human Resources, Legal, Information Security, Quality, Facilities, Communications, local/state/federal law enforcement, intelligence agencies, and other external security committees/partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred education in Corporate Security, National Security, Criminal Justice, Law, Business Management, Crisis Management, Emergency Management, Intelligence, Military, or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of corporate or private security experience
- Government and military experience can reduce corporate security experience requirement by 4 years.
- Demonstrated experience in managing intelligence and investigative programs
- Must be results/goal oriented, decision maker and strategic planner with critical thinking capabilities
- Threat and Risk Assessment experience is preferred
- Ability to brief at all levels of the company including senior leadership and affiliate administrative leadership
- Must have ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across a highly matrixed organization
- Experience in the management of security budgets including cost benefit analysis
- Ability to assess and manage external security and intelligence vendors
- Experience partnering with local, state, and federal law enforcement
- Data analysis and data synthesis
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Preferred Security Certification(s), including from ASIS International or IAHSS
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite including excel, point, word, and virtual meeting and communication tools
- Threat and Risk Assessment experience is preferred
- Ability to motivate and inspire remote teams
- Significant collaboration capabilities including experience working with Human Resources, Security, IT, Communications, and other critical internal stakeholders
- Change management and people leadership skills
- Personal and professional standards of integrity and compassion
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Incident / Logging / Dispatching / Case Management Software
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer