95 Old Short Hills Road, West Orange, NJ 07052
- Demonstrates experience with cabling requirements associated with, but not limited to, television signal distribution, intercom cabling, and low voltage signal and data systems.
- Interprets and implements drawings, blueprints and installs cable, related support devices, and terminates UTP, shielded wire, and coaxial cable as required.
- Performs installations primarily within healthcare facilities and receives proper instruction regarding protocols and procedures relative to the environments and conditions of that specific work place.
- Responsible for service requests. Documenting and validating time. Processes all items related to billing (Service requests and quoted projects).
- Assures a high level of productivity through regular communication with customers and direct report (senior tech/coordinator/manager).
- Completes projects and installations involving equipment manufacturers representatives as well as 3rd party vendors representatives.
- Assists in various projects such as, but not limited to, nurse call installations, overhead page, broadband networks, video and RF signal installations.
- Deals directly with customers and vendors.
- Performs walk-throughs and quotes for jobs as well as scheduling of jobs.
- Willingness to aid other departments in times of coverage shortages, has a working knowledge of how all departments interact as a company.
- Works well independently, as well as with co-workers to complete assigned job duties.
- Must have required trade school or job experience to perform the functional responsibilities of the job.
- Must be familiar with, and be physically able to utilize common installation equipment such as ladders, crimp devices and basic power tools.
- Participates in emergency On-Call program (optional) based on divisional staffing levels.
- Maintains a valid driver s license, and travels to customer locations as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).