Corporate Care at MSC,
600 RIVER AVE, LAKEWOOD, NJ 07470
The LPN assists the Physician, Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Physicians Assistants (PA) in various aspects of medical treatment and testing. LPN maintains exam rooms and equipment. Assures an orderly flow of patients to be seen by the Physician, NP, and PA. Functions include being part of the patient care team in efforts to achieve goals established for both the individual patient and the clinical service. Is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
- Administers immunizations, and injections as directed by physician.
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of physician and based on training received. Performs laboratory and diagnostic procedures, i.e. venipunctures, urinalysis, glucose and hemoglobin assessments and preparation of lab specimens and forwards to appropriate lab for processing.
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by the nurse or physician.
- Assists the physician with patients including preparing patients and the examination rooms, taking initial medical history for the chart, taking vital signs, making lab and x-ray appointments, and explaining the preparations to the patients and documenting same.
- Assists with any procedures listed on Orientation Skills Check List that have been taught through formal training or by registered nurse or physician, i.e. ECG, RBS, urine dip stick, peak flow.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients in accordance with nursing standards.
- Follow-up on patient s calls as directed by physician.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician, nurse practitioner and physician s assistants regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Greets patients and escorts patient from reception room to the examination room. Prepares them for physician examination.
- Keeps Medical Records in accordance with procedures and forms.
- Maintains and keeps examination rooms and treatment areas clean, including re-stocking of necessary medical supplies and instruments, washes and dries instruments used, and prepares sterilization as required.
- Observes records and reports patient s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Orders, prepares and inspects patient s chart/records. Posts tests and examination results.
- Periodically checks expiration dates on in-house medications and immunizations.
- Provides general nursing care to patients.
- Removes lab reports from printer and attaches to charts for physicians review.
- Reports any Patient complaints and billing concerns to Practice Manager.
- Reports any equipment problems to Practice Manager immediately.
- Screens patients for appropriate information.
- Shares responsibility of the daily office trash removal and general cleanliness.
- Licensed Practical Nurse Certification.
- Valid NJ state license to practice practical nursing.
- BLS Required.
- High School Diploma.
- Bilingual a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.