RWJBH is seeking a Mental Health Associate for our Emergency Screening Department at the New Brunswick campus. This is a part-time, day position (24hours/week).
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or related field or 5 years of mental health associate experience.
- American Heart Association CPR required.
In this role, you will work under the direction of the RN to provide care to the patients on the unit. Some of the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking vital signs, EKGS, performing phlebotomy, assisting or providing patients with bedside care, i.e. bathing, mouth care, skin care.
- In addition to CCT responsibilities, the Mental Health Associate (MHA) will provide emotional support to the behavioral patients.
- The MHA will assist in carrying out the behavioral plan of care such as diversional activities while keeping the patients safety at the forefront.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer