Mental Health Associate, Emergency Screening
Behavioral and Mental Health
RWJ New Brunswick
One Robert Wood Johnson Place, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
RWJBH is seeking a Mental Health Associate in the Emergency Screening Department at the New Brunswick campus. This is a part-time, night shift (24hours/week).
Some of the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking vital signs, EKGS, performing phlebotomy, assisting or providing patients with bedside care, i.e. bathing, mouth care, skin care.
- In addition to CCT responsibilities, the Mental Health Associate (MHA) will provide emotional support to the behavioral patients.
- The MHA will assist in carrying out the behavioral plan of care such as diversional activities while keeping the patients safety at the forefront.
- Work under the direction of the RN to provide care to the patients on the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or related field or 5 years of mental health associate experience
- BLS required
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer