Physician Assistant (FT) - GYN Oncology - Wall Township, NJ
Barnabas Health Medical Group
3349 Highway 138 East, Wall, NJ 07719
The Physician Assistant is an independent health care provider who coordinates inpatient/outpatient care through collaboration with the Physician. The PA provides care in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of the practice and the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners/Physician Assistant Advisory Committee.
- The Physician Assistant is responsible for assisting the Physician in the office, taking H&Ps, administering medications, performing physical exams, and participating in flow of patients thru the practice.
- The PA will assist the physicians with various procedures/surgeries and assist with coordinating the case of the patient.
- Demonstrates an ability to organize and achieve quality performance in new routine.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in coordinating aspects of patient care within a woman s health environment.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, communicates effectively. Organizes daily schedule and demonstrates time management.
- Effectively prioritizes work assignments and demonstrates effective communication skills
- Implements the policies and procedures of the practice. Performs assessment and reassessment of the patient according to applicable department standards and identified tools.
- Manages time to meet the needs of the Lab. Possesses good working knowledge of scheduling and procedure prioritization to minimize delays and ensure completion of daily work schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Physician.
- Recognizes areas for improvement in divisional policies or patient care; initiates change; educate all involved in change
- Regularly communicates with nursing leadership and staff concerning patient care issues
- Thoroughly explains procedures to patients prior to testing.
- Provides appropriate patient teaching as necessary.
- Physician Assistant Certification,
- Registration & Licensure by the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners/ Physician Assistant Advisory
- Basic Life Support (BLS);
- Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Women s Health experience strongly preferred
- Although not required, fluency in Spanish, and other languages is a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer