RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over three million patients a year. The System has thirteen hospitals, 1,200 employed physicians, 9,000 private attending physicians and, as New Jersey's second largest private employer, 32,000 employees.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced corporate or health care attorney to become a member of our growing team of legal professionals. This position is a high profile growth opportunity with immediate responsibility.
The successful applicant will:
- Counsel on a broad range of general healthcare legal and state and federal regulatory matters, including Stark and anti-kickback issues;
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial and health care contracts, including information technology, clinical research, construction, leases, physician and other health care business agreements; and
- Provide legal support and guidance with respect to strategic transactions.
Education & Qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials and J.D. degree from a nationally recognized law school;
- Experience negotiating complex contracts, including information technology contracts, is preferred;
- Active bar membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction and eligibility for admission to the New Jersey bar as in-house counsel;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an intensive health care law environment at either a top law firm and/or in the legal department of a large organization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer