New Graduate RN Residency ProgramReq #: 44388
RWJBarnabas Health is dedicated to the successful transition into practice of all new graduate registered nurses. With a notable trend in limitations of undergraduate practicum experiences and rigorous nursing requirements, transition into practice programs have been developed to provide new nurses at RWJBH a successful start to their nursing career and nursing excellence within the healthcare system, the new graduate nurse resident receives is a highly structured curriculum that allows for an overview of the organization, nursing foundations, and didactic, simulation, and role development specific to the practice setting in which the nurse was hired into.
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center - RWJBH Rahway - Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center - Clara Maass Medical Center
Trinitas Medical Center - Jersey City Medical Center - Monmouth Medical Center - Monmouth Southern Campus - RWJ Hamilton
RWJ New Brunswick - RWJ Somerset - Community Medical Center
- Graduate of an accredited ADN or BSN program
- NJ RN licensure
- Less than 6 months of RN experience
- Commitment to orientation requirements
The RWJBarnabas Health New Graduate RN Residency program is a one-year program that provides New Graduate RN s with a safe, caring, supportive and robust learning environment. Allowing the new graduate nurse to gain clinical competency and achieve transition from student to professional practice. It includes a:
- Preceptor and relationship-guided new graduate transition program.
- Continuing education and ongoing enhancement of professional development.
- Specialty specific Foundational Courses developed to reflect scope and standards of practice.
- Application of professional accountability and ethical practice inherent in the role of the registered nurse.
- Recognition of the effects of skilled nursing practice on patient safety, quality and satisfaction.
- Self-care focus to a maintain a safe and fulfilling nursing practice for both the nurse and patient.
- Mentorship to support the new graduate nurse though their first year of practice and beyond.
- Hired into the area of specialty.
- Variable Day or Night Shift
Graduation within the last year and/or less than 6-months of nursing practice. Current unencumbered NJ RN Licensure required prior to date of hire. BLS required. Demonstrated passion in the area of interest. Flexibility to attend orientation and program required educational courses as determined by the program. Leadership and the desire to become involved in the professional practice journey. Ability to attend focus groups and additional learning requirements for practice achievement.
Residency Programs Available for March:
- Med/Surg (includes telemetry)
- Behavioral Health
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off for Work Life Balance
- 401K Contribution & Match
- Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Perks/Discounts: Travel, Electronics, Restaurants, Entertainment, Apparel, Fitness Membership, and more.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer